DizinPix.com is one of the best image-hosting resources to HIDE YOUR IMAGES AND LOCK IMAGES WITH PASSWORD.
DEFINITION OF PHARMACOLOGY
Pharmacology is the study of the therapeutic value and/or potential toxicity of chemical agents on biological
It targets every aspect of the mechanisms for the chemical actions of both traditional and novel therapeutic
It is of intellectual interest to know how drugs are discovered and developed. Often in the past, this was
based on folklore or intelligent observation (e.g. digitalis leaf, penicillin). Nowadays, new drugs are
mostly developed by the organic chemist working with a pharmacologist, increasingly from basic
knowledge about key molecular targets. Usually some sort of biological screen is used to select among
organic molecules for optimum pharmacological activity.
1. Francois Magendie (1783-1855), a French physiologist laid down the dictum “Facts and facts alone are
the basis of science.” Experimental procedures with animals are the testing grounds for determination of
2. Claude Bernard (1813-1878), investigated the plant extract curare and proposed a site of action for this
3. Rudolph Buchheim (1820-1879). In 1847 Buchheim established the first laboratory devoted to
experimental pharmacology in the basement of his home in Dorpat which is known as the cradle of
4. Oswald Schmiedeberg (1838-1921). In 1872 set up an institute of pharmacology in Strasbourg, France
(Germany at that time) which became a mecca for students who were interest in pharmacological
5. J.N. Langley (1852-1925 and Sir Henry Dale (1875-1968) pioneered pharmacology in England, taking a
6. John J. Abel (1857-1938) established the first chair of pharmacology in the U.S.A. (U. Michigan, 1891) after
training in Germany. Able went to Johns Hopkins in 1893, and trained many U.S. pharmacologists. He is
known as “The Father of American Pharmacology”.
7. The Second World War was the impetus for accelerated research in pharmacology (the war time
antimalarial program) in the U.S., and introduced strong analytical and synthetic chemical approaches.
SSC CPO Recruitment 2019, Apply Online for CAPF Various SI & ASI Vacancies @ ssc.nic.inSBI Recruitment 2019, Apply online for…
SBI Recruitment 2019, Apply online for 600 Apprentice Vacancies @ www.sbi.co.inSSC CPO Recruitment 2019, Apply Online for CAPF Various SI…
Start your career in Clinical Research. Join India's leading Clinical Research Institute. Admissions Open for October, November & December 2019…
Challenge Valuation results for MBA IV sem (R17) Reg & Supple May 2019 Exams Download MBA IV sem May 2019…
Challenge Valuation results for B.Tech IV Yr II sem (R15) Adv. Supple July 2019 Exams Download B.Tech IV-II (R15) Adv.…