Dogs are one of the most widespread carnivores on the surface of the earth that have been domesticated and raised by humans, making them live in harmony in different human societies. Dog breeds usually differ in shape, size, and color, but these breeds have different functions and uses to serve humans, they are used in hunting, grazing, protection, and assistance to the police, the army and others, until they have had some remedial roles today,
are considered to be one of the breeds that have wide uses, so we will talk about these dogs here, and learn how to train them, ways to care for them, and some of their diseases.
Boxer dogs are also known as boxing dogs, as these dogs are one of the working dog breeds that are distinguished with their short shiny coat, fine hair, and wide famous in aggression and intelligence.
It has been named Boxing dogs due to the strength of its front feet and its high fighting ability, the lengths of these dogs range from 53 to 63.5 cm, while their weights range from 27 to 32 kg, and this dog is also distinguished with the presence of a black mask on his face.
Boxer dogs are friendly dogs, and enjoy with wide popularity, as these dogs are characterized by alertness, agility and suspicion when meeting strangers, which makes them dogs with a high ability to guard, and show a wonderful mixture of expressions that reflect mood, activity and flexibility of attention, and for this they have been used in many different works, and in what follows it will be mentioned some of the works that these dogs are used in
-Use in helping the blinds and people with special needs.
-Use in police work.
-Help with sheep grazing operations.
-Use to carry containers to assist armies.
-Use as attacking and guarding dogs during times of war.
How to train Boxer dogs
Boxer dogs are among the best dogs that are active and able to learn quickly. They are strong and energetic dogs. Therefore, he can face difficulty in concentration. It is a dog that is very popular with many people. Many people care about raising these dogs, and for Breeding one of these dogs, it is necessary to know the correct way of training them, and in the following it will be talked about how to train Boxer dogs:
Understanding the correct way to train a dog:
– Educate yourself on how to train this breed of dog and avoid common training mistakes.
– Learn about the Boxer dog breed.
– Talk to dog trainers about this breed of dog and see how trainers interact with their dogs.
Boxer Puppy Training:
– Stimulating the puppy by using food and praise when performing well, to provide a strong motivation for the Boxer Puppy.
– Offering chewable toys such as bones and soft toys.
– The courses are provided should be in short training periods.
– Maintain positive training, by playing with the puppy.
– Teach the puppy to go to the bathroom outside to serve his need.
Adult Boxer Training:
-Begin to teach the dog the basics of training as a matter of sitting and standing, while keeping the training sessions short and having breaks between them to play and drink.
-Train the dog by avoiding wrong behaviors such as jumping on people.
-Teach the dog to go to his crate while his trainer is away.
How to take care of Boxer Dog
– Providing high-quality food, to maintain a good health for the Boxer Dog.
– Serving food regularly through a schedule with appropriate amounts depending on the dog age.
Provide adequate quantities of fresh water at all times.
– Offer some snacks such as bones, cheese, cooked eggs and sweet potatoes as incentives.
– Take care to keep your dog away from dangerous foods that may harm him, such as: citrus fruits, grapes, chocolate, garlic, onions, raw meat, salty foods, and others.
Boxer Dog health:
– take the dog to the vet constantly to get regular checks.
– Ensure that there are no visible signs of illness in the dog, such as diarrhea, eye inflammation, fainting, and difficult breathing.
– Keep your dog clean by cleaning it several times a week to keep its coat clean.
– Do not forget your dog teeth cleaning.
– Provide a suitable place to sleep and rest the dog, and clean this place once every week to maintain hygiene.
– Training the dog to go abroad in order to eliminate his need.
Boxer dog entertainment:
– Get some time to play with the dog on a daily basis, to keep the dog entertained and happy.
– Take the Boxer to walk every day.
– Offering many toys to the dog to stimulate the mind and prevent boredom.
– Training your dog continuously in the basics such as sitting, talking and more.
Boxer dogs diseases
Boxer dogs are exposed to many diseases such as cancers, heart diseases, aortic stenosis and many others, as these dogs are among the most susceptible to diseases, with about 22% of puppies dying before reaching 7 weeks of age, and cancers representing 38.5% of boxer dog deaths, Followed by aging that represents 21.5%, and then heart disease, which represents 6.9%, it is one of the very sensitive dogs from the effects that cause low pressure and bradycardia, and in what follows we will mention some other diseases that affect this breed of dog :
– Muscle dysplasia.
– Entropon disease.
– Spinal fusion.
– Ulcerative colitis.
– Eye ulcers.
– Stomach expansion.
Is there a white boxer dog?
It is common among international dog organizations that Boxer dogs appear in a wide range of colors. Their fur appears a mixture between brown and black color and white spots on their chest, legs and nose.
However, the White Boxer Dog is not fully recognized, although it is not sick with albinism, and unfortunately this has resulted that some breeders killing these dogs.
But now this is happening less than before.
|white boxer dog|