General Knowledge (GK) 2020:
Welcome to our site.It was Originally Created For Most Important General Knowledge and Awareness for all Competitive Government Exam Like to SSC,NDA,BANK,WBCS,CGL,UPSC, RAILWAY, STATE JOB.We get More Found Lates Current Affairs,Mock Test,History, Geography, Science Of All Part,Lucent,News Paper Releted G.K and G.A
General Awareness (GA) 2020 questions and answers. Current GA Quiz Questions, News, Topics – DailyEducation.in.com
1. Protocols in which the sender sends one frameand then waits for an acknowledgementbefore proceeding are called __________ ?
A. sliding window. B. stop and wait.
C. frame buffer. D. analog.
2. The data link layer takes the packet it getsfrom the network layer and encapsulates them into_______?
A. cells. B. frames.
C. packet. D. trailer.
3. The number of bit positions in which the code words differ is called _______?
A. code distance. B. hamming distance
C. flow control. D. error pulse.
4. Polynomial code is also known as __________?
A. ARC. B. BRC.
C. CRC. D. DRC.
5. Protocols in which the sender waits for a positive acknowledgement before advancing to the next data item are often called___________?
A. ARQ. B. PPR.
C. ARS. D. PRP.
6. The commonly used protocol for webpage transfer is ________ ?
A. HTML. B. HTTP.
C. WML. D. WTTP.
7. The frames which are intimated for receiving are called ________?
A. sending window. B. receiving window.
C. sender. D. receiver.
8. The analysis which helps in checking whether the protocol is correct is _________?
A. reachability. B. correctness.
C. reliability. D. redundancy.
9. The IP address of a system can be known using the DOS command _______?
A. ipconfir. B. ipconfig.
C. ipconf. D. ipnum.
10. Datagrams using header extension are called__________?
A. payload. B. trailer.
C. datagram packets. D. jumbograms.
11. The application layer of a network ________?
A. establishes, maintains and terminates virtual circuits.
B. consists of software being run on the computer connected to the network
C. defines the users port into the network.
D. allows communication channel to be shared.
12. Devices on one network can communicate with devices on another network via ?
A. file server. B. printer server.
C. utility server. D. gateway.
13. A network that requires human intervention of route signals is called a ______?
A. bus network. B. ring network.
C. star network. D. T- switched network.
14. A _________ network configuration in which all data/information pass through a central computer is star network ?
A. central. B. ordered.
C. distributed. D. T – switched
15. The most flexibility in how devices are__________ together is provided by bus
A. wired. B. ring.
C. star. D. switched.
16. _______ is a ring network.
A. ADI. B. ADDI.
C. FDI. D. FDDI.
17. How many pairs of stations can
simultaneously communicate on Ethernet LAN?
A. 1 B. 2
C. 3 D. Multiple
18. A modem that is attached to the telephone system by jamming the phones, handset into two flexible receptacles in the coupler ?
B. time – division multiplexer.
C. acoustic coupler. D. bridge.
19. Gateway allows devices on one network to________ with devices on another network?
A. Decode. B. Communicate.
C. Convert. D. Seperate.
20. A station in a network forwards incoming packet,s by placing them on its shortest output queue. What routing algorithm is being used?
A. Flooding. B. Hot potato routing.
C. Static routing. D. Delta routing.
21. Modulation is the process of ________?
A. sending a file from one computer to another computer .
B. converts digital signals to analog signals.
C. converting analog signals to digital signals.
D. echoing every character that is received.
22. Four bits are used for packet sequence numbering in a sliding window protocol. What is the maximum window size?
A. 4 B. 8
C. 15 D. 16
23. A 6 MHZ channel is used by a digital signaling system utilizing 4-level signals. What is the maximum possible transmission rate?
A. 1.5 Mband/sec. B. 6 Mband/sec.
C. 12 Mband/sec. D. 24 Mband/sec.
24. The ________ model shows how the network functions of a computer ought to be organized ?
A. CCITT. B. OSI.
C. ISO. D. ANSI.
25. The OSI model consists of______layers?
A. 3 B. 5
C. 7 D. 8
26. The physical layer is concerned with the transmission of ______ over the physical medium?
A. programs. B. dialogs.
C. protocols. D. bits.
27. As a data packet moves from the lower to the upper layers, headers are _____?
A. added. B. subtracted.
C. rearranged. D. modified.
28. Which layer functions as a liaison between user support layers and network support layers?
A. Physical. B. Network.
C. Transport. D. Session.