Sub: JNTU Hyderabad – Directorate of Academic & Planning – COVID-19 (Corona virus) – Professional Colleges in Telangana State – Effective utilization of time by the students in learning activities during lockdown period and help to complete the syllabi – Reg.
JNTUH Learning Activities To Students During Lock Down Period
As per instruction of the Government, the University has been observing the lockdown for all the Constituent and Affiliated (Autonomous and Non-Autonomous) Colleges and classes have been suspended in the college premises till 14th April, 2020. For effective utilization of time, students are to be engaged in learning activities during lockdown period.
In this regard, all the Principals/ Directors of Constituent, Affiliated (Autonomous and Non-Autonomous) Colleges are informed to explore suitable on-line methods to help students and facilitate the faculty accordingly amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdown period. After lockdown period, the University may conduct examinations as per the instructions that will be given from time to time.
The following methods are suggested to engage students in teaching and learning activities:
1. E-mail groups: The faculty can share reading materials, Power Point Presentations (PPTs) through e-mail group IDs.
2. Video Lectures: The faculty can record their lectures and share it through Google drive, e-mail and Whatsapp or upload in the website.
3. Skype: The faculty can delivered their lectures through skype
4. ZOOM, jitsi meet: Theses are freely downloadable and lectures can be delivered through PPTs and handouts
5. MOOCs available in NPTEL and SWAYAM Platforms: The faculty can identify the teaching materials from the above sources and recommend to the students or
6. Any other means and ways with which faculty can reach out the students in handling online classes and assignments/projects.
In this context, all the Principals/ Directors are informed to facilitate the faculty members, both regular and contract faculty to conduct on-line teaching. Further, the Principals/Directors are informed to submit a report (as per the Annexure) on the measures taken for their Colleges in this regard by 10.04.2020.