Proposed by KVIC (Khadi and Village Industries Commission) and approved by the Minister of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Nitin Gadkari Khadi Agarbatti Aatmanirbhar Mission is all set to generate employment for the local artisans making India self-reliant in agarbatti production.

Objective

The set programme is dedicated to creating employment for unemployed and migrant workers across the country while increasing domestic agarbatti production substantially. Last month itself the proposal was submitted to the Ministry. Upon its implementation, numerous jobs will be created in the Agarbatti industry.

Government support

The scheme is designed by KVIC on PPP mode where a two-party agreement will be signed between KVIC and the Private Agarbatti manufacturer for the successful running of the project. Under the scheme, the automatic machine and powder mixing machine will be provided by the KVIC to the artisans through the successful private Agarbatti manufacturers. These manufacturers will sign the agreement as business partners. Boosting PM Modi’s vision of vocal for local, KVIC has decided to procure only locally made machines by Indian manufacturers which also aims at encouraging local production.

A subsidy of 25% on the cost of the machines will be provided by the KVIC the remaining 75% will be recovered from the artisans in easy instalments every month. As per the agreement the business partner will provide the raw material to the artisans for making Agarbatti and will pay them wages on a job work basis.

Facts and Figures

One Automatic Agarbatti making machine makes approximately 80 Kg of Aggarbatti per day thus providing direct employment to 4 persons. 5 such automatic agarbatti making machine requires one powder mixing machine which further provides employment to 2 persons.

Earnings

The current market rare rate for Agarbatti making is Rs 15 per kg. Taking the current rate in consideration 4 artisans working on one Automatic machine will earn a minimum of Rs 1200 per day by manufacturing 80 kg of Agarbatti. And each artisan will earn a fixed amount of Rs. 250 per day while working on a powder mixing machine. The wages to the artisans and labourers will be provided by the business partners directly in their accounts through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT).

Consumption

The current consumption of incense sticks in the country is 1490 MT per day. however, the country’s daily production is just 760 MT. Therefore this huge gap between the demand and the supply will create immense scope for job creation.

Get these updates on Current Affairs Today Android App

Watch A Video on our Channel

Advertisement

Month:

Categories: Economy & Banking Current Affairs

Tags: