This is a part in the series of questions on human body. New quiz will be added every day. So visit again for a new set of questions and learn more about your body.
1. Who coined the term ‘Keystone species’?
Paul K Dayton
Robert T. Paine
2. “Zoonomia; or the Laws of Organic Life” incorporates early ideas relating to the theory of evolution. Who authored the book?
3. Darwin wrote about sexual selection in which of the following books?
The Origin of Species
The Voyage of the Beagle
The Power of Movement in Plants
The Descent of Man
4. A structure that seems to serve no purpose in an organism is called
5. Who proposed the idea of “Inheritance of Acquired Characteristics”?
6. Any alteration in the structure or function of an organism or any of its parts that results from natural selection and by which the organism becomes better fitted to survive and multiply in its environment is called
7. The process used by humans to develop new organisms with desirable characteristics is called?
8. The book “An Essay on the Principle of Population” is cited as a key influence by Charles Darwin in developing the theory of natural selection. Who authored the book?
Alfred Russel Wallace
Thomas Robert Malthus
9. When groups from an ancestral population evolve into separate species due to a period of geographical separation, it is called
10. This French mathematician and philosopher proposed an early theory related to genetics as a way of understanding the inheritance of physical traits which is pointed out as a precursor to the development of evolutionary theory. Who is he?
Pierre Louis Maupertuis
J. B. S. Haldane