Welcome To DailyEducation

DailyEducation is an open-source platform for educational updates and sharing knowledge with the World of Everyday students.

Amrish Puri’s Grandson Cannot wait to See Grandfather on Screen!

Educator

Amrish Puri’s grandson Vardhan is thrilled about the upcoming re-release of Gadar since it would allow him to hear his grandfather’s voice once more.

Gadar: Ek Prem Katha, starring Sunny Deol and Amrish Puri, was one of the biggest hits in Hindi film history when it was released in 2001. After 22 years, a sequel to the movie will be released in August 2023. However, the producers are re-releasing the 2001 movie in theatres on June 9 in order to generate buzz for the picture. Vardhan Puri, Amrish Puri’s grandson, is emotional and happy about the opportunity to hear his grandfather’s voice on the big screen once more.

Talking about Gadar’s re-release, Vardhan says, “It’s an absolute joyous moment to know that Gadar is re-releasing in theatres after 22 glorious years. It’s going to be something larger than life. Anil Sharma sir has re-mastered and reimagined the film in 4K and Dolby Atmos sound effects. That’s phenomenal. I cannot wait to watch the film in its renewed version with my family. It’s going to be overwhelming.”

Sharing his memory from the film’s premiere in 2001, the young actor revealed, “I still remember when we watched Gadar at a special preview in Mumbai, we were all short of words. It had released with ‘Lagaan’ which was also a great film. But the hysteria that Gadar had when it released was something special.”

Gadar portrayed a love story between star-crossed lovers against the backdrop of the 1947 partition of India and Pakistan. Not only in India but also on the other side of the border, the movie was very well appreciated. Vardhan muses on this and says, “My grandfather received so much love and appreciation, not only from India but from all over the world, especially Pakistan. So I think the idea of re-releasing the film is very unique and I know it’s going to be a massive success because there are so many emotions that carry the film. It has got such a fabulous mass appeal. Every time I watch the film, I cannot help but feel supremely patriotic. There is such a strong sense of motherhood and patriotism.”

The director decided to make it special for Amrish Puri’s family and Vardhan said, “Anil Sharma sir has been a thorough gentleman as when they announced the re-release of ‘Gadar’, he sent us a beautiful gift with a personalized letter attached and told us that ‘Gadar 2’ is incomplete without my grandfather but they could only make it because they have his blessings. So all with respect to the Sharma family, Sunny Deol sir and Ameesha Patel ji. I wish them all the best.”

Vardhan said, “I want to watch my Dadu on the screen once again as the powerful antagonist with a beating heart for his daughter. I can’t wait to hear his roaring voice in the theatres. When I watched ‘Gadar’ for the first time, I was a child, and for me at that point, he was just my grandfather. Every time I saw the screen, I was only looking at him. This time it’s going to be very different and I am sure ‘Gadar 2’ is going to be very special because I know the impact that ‘Gadar’ had on our Indian society and all the NRIs who live across the world and whose hearts beat for India.”​

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock