Welcome To DailyEducation

DailyEducation is an open-source platform for educational updates and sharing knowledge with the World of Everyday students.

EPF Balance Check 2023, How to Check PF Balance at epfindia.gov.in

naveen

Employees who are EPF saving scheme subscribers can check their provident fund balance online anytime at EPF Balance Check 2023 web page of EPFO, epfindia.gov.in.

The Employee Provident Fund Organization, the retirement fund body under the Government of India, has made it easier for members to access their provident fund details.

Are you an employee in India? Then you might already know about Employee Provident Fund (EPF) and how it works. The EPF is a government-mandated retirement savings scheme for employees, where both the employer and contribute a portion of the employee’s salary.

The scheme is managed by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), which provides various benefits such as savings for retirement, tax benefits, and insurance coverage.

Employee Provident Fund​

The Employee Provident Fund (EPF) is a government-run scheme that helps employees save money for their retirement. EPF is mandatory for all in India and a portion of their salary is deposited into their EPF account every month.

The EPF balance is the total amount accumulated in an employee’s EPF account. Knowing your EPF balance is essential for retirement planning, and with the advancement of technology, checking your EPF balance has become easier than ever before.

What is EPF Balance Check?​

EPF balance check is the process of checking the balance amount in your EPF account. By checking your EPF balance regularly, you can keep track of your contributions and ensure that your employer is contributing the correct amount. The EPFO provides various methods to check your EPF balance, which we will discuss later in this article.

Why is EPF Balance Check Important?​

EPF balance check is important for several reasons. Firstly, it helps you keep track of your contributions and ensures that your employer is contributing the correct amount. Secondly, it helps you plan for your retirement by giving you an idea of how much you will have in your EPF account. Lastly, it helps you identify any discrepancies in your EPF balance and take corrective action if necessary.

EPF Balance Check Online 2023

Name of the balanceEPF Balance 2023
TitleCheck your EPF Balance 2023
SubjectEPF Balance Check Online 2023
CategoryEPF
Website
Check EPF Balance

Different Ways to Check EPF Balance​

There are several ways to check your EPF balance, which are:

1. EPF Balance Check through EPFO Portal​

The easiest and most convenient way to check your EPF balance is through the EPFO portal. Here’s how to do it:

1. Visit the EPFO website ( ).
  2. Click on the “For Employees” tab and select “Member Passbook” from the drop-down menu.
  3. Enter your UAN number and password to log in.
  4. Select the member ID of the EPF account for which you want to check the balance.
  5. Your EPF balance will be displayed on the screen.

2. EPF Balance Check via SMS​

You can also check your EPF balance by sending an SMS to 7738299899. Here’s how to do it:

1. Send an SMS to 7738299899 in the following format: EPFOHO UAN ENG.
  2. “ENG” stands for the language of your choice (English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, or Bengali).
  3. You will receive an SMS with your EPF balance.

3. EPF Balance Check through the Umang App​

You can also check your EPF balance through the Umang app. Here’s how to do it:

1. Download the Umang app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
  2. Register on the app using your mobile number.
  3. Click on the “EPFO” tab and select “Employee Centric Services”.
  4. Enter your UAN number and OTP to log in.
  5. Click on “View Passbook” to check your EPF balance.

How to Activate Your UAN Number?​

Before you can check your EPF balance, you need to activate your UAN number. UAN stands for Universal Account Number, which is a unique number assigned to each employee by the EPFO. Here’s how to activate your UAN number:

1. Visit the EPFO website ( ) and click on the “For Employees” tab.
  2. Select “UAN Activation” from the drop-down menu.
  3. Enter your UAN number, mobile number, and member ID.
  4. Click on “Get Authorization Pin” and enter the OTP sent to your mobile number.
  5. Set your password and click on “Activate UAN”.

What is UAN Number and How to Get It?​

UAN stands for Universal Account Number, which is a unique number assigned to each employee by the EPFO. To get your UAN number, you need to follow these steps:

2. Select “Know Your UAN Status” from the drop-down menu.
  3. Enter your mobile number and member ID.
  4. Click on “Get Authorization Pin” and enter the OTP sent to your mobile number.
  5. Your UAN number will be sent to your mobile number.

How to Check EPF Balance Without UAN Number?​

If you don’t have your UAN number, you can still check your EPF balance using your member ID. Here’s how to do it:

2. Select “Click Here to Know Your EPF Balance” from the drop-down menu.
  3. Select your state and EPFO office from the drop-down menus.
  4. Enter your establishment code, extension, and account number.
  5. Click on “Submit” to check your EPF balance.

How to Check EPF Balance Using Missed Call Facility?​

You can also check your EPF balance using the missed call facility. Here’s how to do it:

1. Give a missed call to 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number.
  2. You will receive an SMS with your EPF balance.

How to Check EPF Balance Through Passbook?​

You can also check your EPF balance by downloading your passbook from the EPFO portal. Here’s how to do it:

2. Select “Member Passbook” from the drop-down menu.
  3. Enter your UAN number and password to log in.
  4. Select the member ID of the EPF account for which you want to check the balance.
  5. Your passbook will be displayed on the screen.

What to Do If You Find Discrepancies in Your EPF Balance?​

If you find any discrepancies in your EPF balance, you need to contact your employer or the EPFO immediately. The EPFO has a grievance redressal mechanism to address such issues.

What is EPF Interest Rate and How is it Calculated?​

The EPF interest rate is determined by the government of India and is subject to change every year. Currently, the EPF interest rate for the financial year 2022-23 is 8.5%. The interest is calculated on the monthly balance of your EPF account.

Can You Withdraw Your EPF Balance Before Retirement?​

Yes, you can withdraw your EPF balance before retirement under certain circumstances, such as medical emergencies, marriage, education, and buying a house. However, there are certain rules and conditions that apply to such withdrawals.

How to Transfer EPF Balance?​

If you change your job, you can transfer your EPF balance to your new employer’s EPF account. Here’s how to do it:

2. Select “One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request)” from the drop-down menu.
  3. Enter your UAN number and OTP to log in.
  4. Select the EPF account from which you want to transfer the balance.
  5. Enter the details of your new employer’s EPF account.
  6. Submit the transfer request.

How to Merge Two EPF Accounts?​

If you have multiple EPF accounts, you can merge them into a single account. Here’s how to do it:

2. Select “One Employee – One EPF Account” from the drop-down menu.
  3. Enter your UAN number and OTP to log in.
  4. Select the EPF account that you want to keep as the primary account.
  5. Enter the details of your other EPF account(s) and submit the request.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)​

1. How often should I check my EPF balance?​

It is recommended to check your EPF balance at least once a year to ensure that your contributions are being made correctly.

2. What is the EPF Balance Check?​

EPF Balance Check is the process of checking the total amount accumulated in an employee's EPF account.

3. Can I check my EPF balance using my Aadhaar card?​

No, currently, there is no provision to check your EPF balance using your Aadhaar card.

4. Can I check my EPF balance offline?​

Yes, you can check your EPF balance by visiting the nearest EPFO office and submitting a request.

5. How long does it take for the EPF balance to reflect after making a contribution?​

It takes around 10-15 days for the EPF balance to reflect after making a contribution.

6. Can I withdraw my entire EPF balance at once?​

Yes, you can withdraw your entire EPF balance if you are unemployed for more than two months.

7. Is it mandatory to check the EPF balance regularly?​

While it is not mandatory, it is highly recommended to check your EPF balance regularly to ensure that the contributions made by your employer are accurate and to plan your retirement accordingly.

8. Can I check the EPF balance of my previous employer?​

Yes, you can check the EPF balance of your previous employer if your UAN is linked to that account.

9. What should I do if I find any discrepancy in my EPF balance?​

If you find any discrepancy in your EPF balance, you should immediately inform your employer or the EPFO and get it rectified.

1. Conclusion​

In conclusion, checking your EPF balance regularly is crucial to ensure that your contributions are being made correctly and to plan for your retirement. The EPFO provides various methods to check your EPF balance, such as through the EPFO portal, SMS, and the Umang app.

You can also activate your UAN number and transfer or merge your EPF accounts if necessary. If you find any discrepancies in your EPF balance, you need to contact your employer or the EPFO immediately.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock