Welcome To DailyEducation

DailyEducation is an open-source platform for educational updates and sharing knowledge with the World of Everyday students.

Why Did Amitabh Bachchan Wanted to hit Ram Gopal Varma?

Educator

Amitabh Bachchan’s response to witnessing the 2003 horror thriller Bhoot was reportedly shared by Ram Gopal Varma.

In the Indian cinema business, Ram Gopal Varma and Amitabh Bachchan have worked together on some important projects. In films like Sarkar (2005) and its sequels “Sarkar Raj” (2008) and “Sarkar 3” (2017), the two have worked together. But there was a point when Big B wanted to assault the director.

RGV and Big B collaborated on the 2003 horror movie Bhoot, which starred Urmila Matondkar and Ajay Devgn. When the movie was released, both the industry and the audience responded positively. Prior to the official premiere, the director also held a preview screening.

Ram Gopal Varma revealed during an interview with Film Companion that his movie Bhoot was so terrifying that his mother would repeatedly open and close the windows of her home because she was petrified after watching it, and this reaction came even though she was fully aware that her son had made the movie.

When asked about Amitabh Bachchan’s reaction to the movie, Rag Gopal Varma said, “Amitabh Bachchan told me, “I almost felt like punching you up. Why the hell did I come to see this? I was cursing myself as I thought. A horror movie should be able to create any kind of feeling, whether it be terror or something else.

Sameer Sharma, a co-writer for RGV, mentioned during the chat that Abhishek Bachchan was scheduled to star in Bhoot but that it didn’t pan out. “At first, Abhishek Bachchan planned to act in Bhoot. But for some reason, it didn’t. So I went to meet Ajay Devgn with Ram,” he remarked. When they went to see Ajay, Sameer recalls, they didn’t have a script, yet RGV hired him after a three-minute pitch. And he pitched the movie in three minutes flat. By then, Ajay had worked for Company. Like other performers, he was completely enamoured with Ram. We had a drink for the remainder of the time after Ram gave his three-minute presentation.​

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock