Welcome To DailyEducation

DailyEducation is an open-source platform for educational updates and sharing knowledge with the World of Everyday students.

96th Academy Awards: Robert Downey Jr wins his first Oscar

naveen

The 58-year-old American actor, Robert Downey Jr., has achieved a significant milestone in his illustrious career by winning his first Oscar award. This accolade was bestowed upon him for his compelling portrayal of Lewis Strauss, J. Robert Oppenheimer’s nemesis, in Christopher Nolan’s film, Oppenheimer.

The 96th Academy Awards unfolded just hours ago at the prestigious Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, with Jimmy Kimmel reprising his role as the host. Amidst the glitz and glamour, Robert Downey Jr. was crowned Best Supporting Actor for his outstanding performance in Oppenheimer. Stepping onto the stage, he graciously accepted the award, delivering a heartfelt acceptance speech.

In his address, he humorously quipped, “I’d like to thank my terrible childhood and the Academy, in that order.” With warmth, he acknowledged his wife Susan, jesting, “I’d like to thank my veterinarian – I meant wife – Susan Downey over there. She found me, a snarling rescue pet, and loved me back to life. That’s why I am here. Thank you.”

Gratitude extended to the entire cast and crew of Oppenheimer, with a candid revelation, “Here’s my little secret. I needed this job more than it needed me. Chris knew it.” With his trophy in hand, he made his way down to the floor, offering a heartfelt shout-out to his three children.

Robert’s triumph at the Oscars adds to his impressive haul, having also clinched the Golden Globe Award and Critics’ Choice Award for the same role. This win marks a poignant moment in his career, securing victory in three Oscar nominations spanning over three decades. We at 123telugu extend our heartfelt congratulations to him. Stay tuned for the complete list of Academy Awards recipients.

Congratulations to Robert Downey Jr. on winning Best Supporting Actor for 'Oppenheimer'!

— The Academy (@TheAcademy)

The post first appeared on .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock