Welcome To DailyEducation

DailyEducation is an open-source platform for educational updates and sharing knowledge with the World of Everyday students.

Anubhav Sinha talks about Ra.One Being Judged!

Educator

Ra. One has developed into a cult in terms of VFX work and technology development throughout the years.

The employment of visual effects in a movie has drawn harsh criticism from the Indian public in recent years. A movie with obvious problems cannot simply be presented as big-screen entertainment. If such occurs, a movie can only be saved by God from scathing criticism. It’s interesting to note that Shah Rukh Khan’s Ra. One has become a benchmark for visual effects comparison in the midst of many technologically advanced biggies being made.

2011 saw the release of Ra. One, directed by Anubhav Sinha and starring Shah Rukh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, and Arjun Rampal. It contained some VFX work that had never been done before in Bollywood at the time and was produced on a significant budget. Critics, however, gave it very poor reviews, some of which were overly sentimental. Nevertheless, it succeeded in surpassing the 100 crores net barrier at the Indian box office.

Ra. One has developed into a cult in terms of VFX work and technological innovation throughout the years. In fact, the Shah Rukh Khan starrer is being likened to blockbusters like Adipurush and Brahmastra. It is now unmistakably used as a benchmark for VFX-heavy Indian movies, particularly those made in Bollywood.

Speaking about the judgments the film got during its release Anubhav Sinha said, “It’s not for me to say this because I would always find criticism harsher. But if someone not involved with the film says it was harsh, I would obviously latch on to that,” while talking to DNA.

Talking about Ra. One’s popularity in today’s time and its emergence as a standard of comparison, Anubhav Sinha said, “I am a big believer of how long a film lives determines its legacy. The fact that a film that was so harshly judged and criticized 12 years back lives on online with people calling it ahead of its time speaks volumes. Then, that is the film’s success and it gives me a lot of happiness.”

We concur with Sinha that the Shah Rukh Khan-starring film has grown into a “success” over time. Hopefully, it will have a hotly anticipated sequel!​

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock