Welcome To DailyEducation

DailyEducation is an open-source platform for educational updates and sharing knowledge with the World of Everyday students.

Mrunal Thakur Recalls Being Left Behind in an Interview as Star Kids Were Papped!

Educator

Recall how Mrunal Thakur described how Janhvi Kapoor was being interviewed at the time, and the media was lagging behind.

In Bollywood, the topic of nepotism is constantly being discussed. Kangana Ranaut launched the debate, which has gone through numerous iterations. Others frequently assert that there is no such thing as “nepotism,” despite the fact that many have claimed it occurs in the film industry. The phrase “one may get an opportunity because of their surname, but it ultimately depends on their talent that takes them ahead in the industry” has been used repeatedly, even by Bollywood star offspring. In today’s flashback, we’ll tell you about a day when Mrunal Thakur made a startling disclosure when discussing nepotism in the business.

Mrunal made her Bollywood debut with Love Sonia after being well-known for her television program Kumkum Bhagya, and she later gained notoriety when she co-starred with Hrithik Roshan in the film Super 30. The actress later appeared in high-profile films including Jersey, Sita Ramam, Batla House, and others.

When Mrunal Thakur was questioned about nepotism in Bollywood during her 2019 visit to the 21st Jio Mami Film Festival, she made some stunning remarks. She gave the media’s support of Janhvi Kapoor as an illustration and claimed that it wasn’t their fault. She claimed that one should not hold Starkids accountable for nepotism because it is the fault of regular people who are interested in their lives.

Mrunal Thakur told the media, “Let’s begin with media. For example, we don’t have Ananya and Janhvi, unfortunately. But I have to say something, it’s not their fault, they are star kids, it is we, as common people who are so intrigued to know what’s going on in their life. I will give you one simple example- an award night was going on and an interview session was happening and I am in the middle of an interview and the media ran behind the star kid, now tell me. I have been awarded Best Actor Critics, as same as Janhvi was awarded the same night. I wasn’t even handed a speech.”

Ms. Thakur further said, “I am not saying I am jealous or something. I am saying that it’s not their fault. So stop pointing nepotism, nepotism. There’s a big full stop right now also by KJo casting Avinash and I by casting in the same web series, Ghost Stories. So, nepotism doesn’t exist inside. It also, what I feel, depends on the audience and the media especially. I respect the media and I think what I am is because of the media. I am able to reach to the audience. The audience sees me because of you. But these are the same people who talk about nepotism.”​

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock