Welcome To DailyEducation

DailyEducation is an open-source platform for educational updates and sharing knowledge with the World of Everyday students.

Pawan Kalyan Confused: Kakinada? Bhimavaram? Vizag?

Educator

Ever since the Varahi tour started, Janasenani Pawan Kalyan started to create tremors in Andhra Pradesh politics with his powerful comments.

Especially with the way he launched a tirade against Kakinada MLA Dwarampudi Chandrasekhar Reddy, and the YSRC MLA’s retort, and the reaction of Kapu agitation leader Mudragada Padmanabham to it, have all created turmoil. And that brings us to the question of why Pawan loves Kakinada so much and about the challenge thrown by the sitting MLA at him.

With Pawan’s sharp comments, one would get an assumption that the Janasenani is contemplating contesting from Kakinada this time. And Dwarampudi also challenged him to contest from Kakinada against him. PK has earlier contested unsuccessfully from two constituencies on his electoral debut, from Gajuwaka in Vizag and Bhimavaram as well.

He has now alleged that political opponents have spent nearly ₹200 crores to ensure his defeat. And now that he is focusing a lot on Vizag, many are wondering if he wouldn’t touch the previous two constituencies. When quizzed about the same, Pawan told a leading daily, “I will take some more time to answer this question, as I’ve not fixed my mind yet”.

As the elections are less than a year away, surely the actor-politician needs to take a final call as soon as possible. If he pushes himself into confusion, then the scope to do groundwork in those constituencies will be less, and again he need to worry about another defeat.

Political analysts however feel that Pawan Kalyan should have a fixed home constituency in Andhra Pradesh, like how Nara Chandrababu Naidu has Kuppam and YS Jagan contests from Pulivendula and so on. So he needs to fix one and stick to it.

All the constituencies that are in discussion now, Gajuwaka, Bhimavaram and Kakinada Town are having a majority of Kapu voters, but that sentiment didn’t help Pawan Kalyan last time. So it’s better to choose a constituency that has neutral voters rather than these caste-based calculations. Because that is not working in the case of Janasena’s president.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock