Welcome To DailyEducation

DailyEducation is an open-source platform for educational updates and sharing knowledge with the World of Everyday students.

Priya Mani Recalls Married Actresses Getting Sister in Law or Character Roles in Movies!

Educator

Priya Mani spoke candidly about how roles for married women have gradually changed over time.

Priya Mani, who has been in a number of South and Bollywood films, has won praise for her portrayal of Manoj Bajpayee’s wife Suchi in The Family Man. After being married to Mustafa Raj in 2017, the actress talked about how the perception of married women has been progressively changing. Due to the lack of female main parts for previously married women on maternity leave, Priya announced that they would reappear in character and sister-in-law roles. She did, however, describe how the picture has been steadily altering.

Priya Mani discussed her concerns about the kinds of duties she might be given following her marriage in an interview. She continued, “It used to happen earlier in the south industries… At first, I used to wonder if the industry will accept me when I get married. Married heroines who returned to the workforce after taking a year or two off to raise their families didn’t obtain key roles. They would most likely be cast as characters or as the sister-in-law.

The actress continued, “Now, people are accepting married women as well to play leads and primary characters as opposed to cameos. I’m delighted to witness the progressive evolution. Such sections are expertly crafted and so, there’s nothing to complain.”

“I’m glad that the business and, more importantly, the public have come to terms with the idea that a heroine’s career is not terminated by marriage. Given that, I believe that marriage may come with an added obligation on the girl’s end to ensure that the role is appropriate and there is no awkwardness on screen,” she said in her conclusion.

Interestingly, Priya Mani appeared in The Family Man as the show’s principal lady and Manoj Bajpayee’s wife after she wed Mustafa Raja.​

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock