Welcome To DailyEducation

DailyEducation is an open-source platform for educational updates and sharing knowledge with the World of Everyday students.

UGC NET Exam Pattern 2024 for UGC NET Paper I & II, Marking Scheme & List of Subjects

naveen

NTA UGC NET Exam Pattern 2024 for UGC NET Paper I, II Exams. National Testing Agency, NTA would released the notification for UGC NET Examination for December Session and for June Session on the official website
The notification confirms that the online application forms would commence from as per the schedule. Also, candidates would be able to apply on nta.ac.in as well as the new website ntanet.nic.in. Please note, the old website would be discontinued.

UGC NET will be conducted twice a year, the second one in June month and the First examination will be conducted in the month of December. Every year, a huge number of candidates appear for the NET (National Eligibility Test).

NTA UGC NET Exam Pattern for UGC NET Paper I & II

UGC NET Exam Pattern 2024
Name of the Exam PatternUGC NET Exam Pattern 2024
TitleCheck the UGC NET Scheme of Exam 2024
SubjectNTA has released UGC NET Scheme of Exam 2024
CategoryExam Pattern
Official website
UGC NET Exam Details

The test is conducted for determining the eligibility for college and university level lectureship and for awarding the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) to Indian nationals for pursuing their PhD or research.

The Union government has decided the final schedule of NET that will be conducted in July and June by National Testing Agency (NTA). The NTET examination is conducted every year to fill up the post of assistant professor and junior research fellowship.

UGC NET Application fee: The candidates belonging to the general category have to submit an application fee of Rs 1,000. The reserve category candidates (OBC) have to submit an application fee of Rs 500, while Rs 250 for SC/ ST/ PwD/ transgender candidates.

UGC NET Eligibility criteria: Educational Qualification: Candidates need to obtain at least 55 per cent marks in the master’s degree or equivalent examination from recognised universities/ institutions.

A relaxation of five per cent will be provided to OBC, Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Persons with Disability (PwD) category and transgender candidates who have secured at least 50 per cent marks (without rounding off) in Masters degree or equivalent examination.

Those who are pursuing their master’s (final year) can also apply. Such candidates must complete their master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of the mark.

Age limit: (a) Junior Research Fellowship (JRF): The upper age limit for appearing in JRF has been raised by two years, i.e. from the existing upper age limit of 28 years to 30 years (the relaxation as earlier will remain the same).

(b) Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit. Age limit increased: The age limit has been raised by 2 years. Earlier, the upper age limit for appearing for JRF was 28 years, but now, it has been increased to 30 years.

Important instructions for UGC NET exam: Two papers would be available – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I would be for 100 marks and Paper II would be for 200 marks.

The examination would be conducted between June 18 and 22 and the results would be declared in July. The NTA will conduct the next UGC-NET for ‘only Assistant Professor’ or for ‘both Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’. The test will consist of two papers as given below:

UGC NET Exam pattern​

From this year, NTA will conduct the exam and instead of 3 papers, there will be only 2 papers – paper 1 and paper 2.

The questions in Paper I are designed to test the reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate while paper II is based on the subject selected by the candidate.

The medium of the question paper shall be in English and Hindi only. however, candidates will be given question paper in the language chosen by them during registration. There is no negative marking in the examination.

• Paper I (UGC NET Paper 1), It will be of 100 marks and will contain 50 objective type compulsory questions.
  • Each question will carry 2 marks and will be of general nature and will test the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
  • The duration of the same will be one hour (9:30 am to 10:30 am).
  • 100 Marks – 50 Questions [Number of questions (All are compulsory)]
  • 1-hour Duration (First shift: 9.30 am to 10.30 am) and (Second shift: 2.00 pm to 3.00 pm)
  • Paper-II (UGC NET Paper 2), It will be of 100 marks and will contain 100 objective type compulsory questions.
  • Each question will carry 2 marks and will be based on the subject opted by the candidate. The duration of the same will be two hours (11 am to 1 pm).
  • 200 Marks – 100 Questions[Number of questions (All are compulsory)]
  • 2 hours Duration (First shift: 11.00 am to 1.00 pm)and (Second shift: 3.30 pm to 5.30 pm)

The Test will be conducted in the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode only. The candidates who desire to appear in the test may see the detailed Information Bulletin for UGC NET which will be available on the website .

UGC NET Subjects​

UGC NET is conducted for 81 subjects to determine the eligibility of candidates for Assistant Professorship, Junior Research Fellowship or both, for Indian universities and colleges.

It is conducted for Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/Non-Formal Education, Anthropology, Arab Culture and Islamic Studies, Archaeology, Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies,

Commerce, Comparative Literature, Comparative Study of Religions, Computer Science, and Applications, Criminology, Defence and Strategic Studies, Dogri, Economics, Education, Electronic Science, Environmental Sciences, Folk Literature, Forensic Science, Geography, History, Home Science, Human Rights and Duties,

Indian Culture, Labour Welfare/personal welfare/ Human resource management, Law, Library Science, Mass Communication and Journalism, Music, Performing arts, Philosophy, Political science, Population Studies, Physical education, Public Administration, Psychology, Social Medicine & Community Health,

Social work, Sociology, Tourism Administration and Management, Tribal and Regional Language/Literature, Visual art, Woman studies, Yoga and language subjects like Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Assamese, Bengali, Punjabi, Konkani and others.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock