Welcome To DailyEducation

DailyEducation is an open-source platform for educational updates and sharing knowledge with the World of Everyday students.

UPSC Civil Services 2023 Topper List: Meet Noida Girl Wardah Khan, Who Quit Corporate Job And Now Scored 18th Rank

hanuman

UPSC 2023 Topper List: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Tuesday announced the final results of the Civil Services Examination and according to the toppers list, Aditya Srivastava has topped the examination and Animesh Pradhan from Odisha scored the AIR 2. In the meantime, Wardah Khan from Noida, who quit her corporate job to prepare for civil services, scored the 18th rank in the UPSC exam 2023.

Happy about her success after the results were declared, Wardah Khan said she has opted for the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) as her first preference and wishes to make the country proud at global platforms.

| Uttar Pradesh | Noida resident Wardah Khan secures 18th rank in UPSC 2023.

She says, "I had never thought that I would make it to Top 20. I just wanted to make it to the list (of qualifiers). This is a huge moment for my family and me. This was my second attempt. I have…

— ANI (@ANI)

Wardah Khan told PTI that just like any other aspirant, when she started her journey, she dreamt of finding name on the result list. “But getting into the top 20 was unimaginable, I had not imagined to be able to be in the top 20. It’s a dreamy feeling right now. Everybody in my family is very happy and beaming with pride,” Khan told PTI.

Check List Of Top 10 Candidates:​

• AIR 1 Aditya Srivastava
  • AIR 2 Animesh Pradhan
  • AIR 3 Donuru Ananya Reddy
  • AIR 4 PK Siddharth Ramkumar
  • AIR 5 Rouhani
  • AIR 6 Shrishti Dabas
  • AIR 7 Anmol Rathore
  • AIR 8 Ashish Kumar
  • AIR 9 Nausheen
  • AIR 10 Aishwaryam Prajapati

Khan said she has opted for Indian Foreign Service (IFS) as her first preference, so she would like to further the image of India across global platforms and multilateral institutions and help our Indian diaspora abroad.

Wardah Khan: A Student of Khalsa College of Delhi University

Notably, Wardah Khan is a resident of Vivek Vihar in Noida’s Sector 82 and she said she pursued her Bachelors in Commerce (Honours) from the Khalsa College of Delhi University. The only child of her parents, she lives with her mother. Her father passed away nine years ago.

How Wardah Khan Inclined Towards UPSC

On how she wanted to prepare for the UPSC exam, Wardah Khan said that during her college days, she always had an interest in geopolitics, in subjects such as history and polity.

She also added that she used to participate in debates and MUNs (mock United Nations) during her college days but even then the idea of taking up civil services as a career path had not come to her. It was during her job tenure that Wardah Khan realised she wanted to become a civil servant.

What Tips She Wants to Give to Other Aspirants

Wardah Khan said there are a few postulates that every candidate should keep in mind. “First and foremost, you have to be very thorough with the basics like NCERT and Polity by Laxmikant. These are the basic books that you have to be thorough with,” she said.

“You also must have made proper syllabus heads of your mains and your optional should also be prepared with notes before the cycle communities. These are some of the things that must be kept in mind,” Khan added.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock